Friday, August 05, 2005

Interested but uncertain....

Well, this is blog number one for me. I have been reading my friend's friend's blog for a little while now. I guess it is hard to put into words all the feelings that have been evoked in reading that blog. I am not even sure I can write anything interesting enough to read, but I figure "what the hell?" If nothing else, it will help me organize my thoughts.
Reading the blog made me aware of a whole society out there. I am envious, and feel left out. Well, I should also say that I mostly read mommy blogs and my friend and her friends are mommies, and have play groups and play dates, and all that stuff. I am not a mommy, not for a lack of trying though. So, despite trying for the last 9 months, my husband and I have not been able to get pregnant (yet) and therefore I am not a part of this elite club. Therefore, we miss out on the special secrets that only mommies in play groups share. Not to mention that it will take us forever to catch up, that my friend has 4 children under the age of 4, and by the time we have our first, well, you get the picture.
It seems writing like this brings forth honesty and passion, at least in the blogs I have read thus far. I want to know more about the writers of the blogs, but I am too shy to send an e-mail to a stranger. What would I say, "Hi, I just read your blog. You seem really interesting" ?
What do people write about anyway? Will people really want to read my blog? Maybe it will take me some time, time to get comfortable. I didn't even know what to title this blog.
Okay, let's see how this one goes. A work in progress, right?Good bye, for now!

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I just wanted to let you know I'm reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter