Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Don't Want to Miss a Thing!

My son won't sleep. He is boycotting it. He must have decided he doesn't want to do it anymore. He goes to bed around 8/8:30 p.m. and lays in bed talking, singing, and making all sorts of noises. He fights sleep more than any 14 month old I have ever seen! Everyone keeps telling me is afraid of missing something. I wanna know, what possibly can a 14-month old miss? I know to him, his life is pretty full and stimulating. I am glad, I take credit for this. But doesn't he realize that all the same toys, the attention, the love, the stimulation will be there waiting for him, when he gets up? Doesn't he realize that right now, the world revolves around him? He is so funny. Listening to him jabber on in his baby language, screeching and talking away. It really is very sweet, and I could listen to it all night, but my boy needs to sleep. So, I go in. He won't sleep if he has a poopy diaper. I check it, and there is no poop. He smiles at me as soon as I walk in, as if he is saying "Yippee, you came to play!" He kicks his legs, waves his hands up and down, and practically sings with delight. I pick him up and put him in the rocker, lay him back and rock him while I sing to him. He smiles and reaches for just about everything in the room. I spend time with him, trying to calm him down and get him relaxed. (Oh, he has me wrapped around his little finger, all right!) I put him back in bed, tuck him in, and say goodnight. As I am walking out, he watches me through the bars of the crib, and starts to cry as I close the door. Then I come back into the den and listen through the monitor. The crying has turned once again to singing. Finally, at 10:15 p.m. he falls asleep. He has to be at an appointment at 8 a.m. and he will be good and mad when I wake him up in the morning. If only he would go to sleep earlier, he would feel much better in the morning. 14-months old and already not listening to mom! I see what I am in store for! Truthfully, I love that he has his own personality. I wouldn't change a thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter