Saturday, August 20, 2005

Worries and Irritants

Okay, a couple of things on my mind today. The first, of course, being my pregnancy :o). The second being the Woodward Dream Cruise. (If I knew how to insert a link, I would have one to the Dream Cruise so you could see for yourself how chaotic this thing is). (I am still learning, so bear with me.) Anyway, as far as my pregnancy goes, these are my thoughts as of late. I think about my symptoms, and one in particular scares me. Let me begins by stating I am slightly hypoglycemic even when not pregnant. I can actually feel my sugar going low and know when I need to eat, and if it's protein, all the better. I would be best served eating 6 small meals a day. That is hard, not the 6 meals part, but the small part. See, I can't eat small meals, it doesn't happen for me, so I get full and don't eat for hours later, thus continuing the cycle.

So, now that I am pregnant, I am experiencing periods where I am SO shaky and very sweaty. Sometimes, well, most of the time, I associate it with needing to eat, just as I mentioned above. But, this is worse, and it doesn't go away as easily when I do eat. So, I wonder, is it sugar related, or are there worse problems here? I will definitely have to mention this to my doctor, when I go Sept. 1. I am certain that the doctor will think I am neurotic, as I already have a list a mile long of questions to ask her. Like I said previously, that is my nature. I am a thinker. So, to add to this, now that I am worrying about possible problems, I am so worried about a miscarriage. I know they happen to many women, I know several personally. I understand they are devastating, and that you grieve, and move forward. (I am not intending to speak personally of a very personal experience, and do not intend to offend anyone reading this who may have her own experience with a miscarriage). But I am scared shitless of having one. I am scared of miscarriage, of problem pregnancy, of problems during birth, and of having a baby who is unhealthy in some way. Yes, I know all moms-to-be think about this. It is just so scary and I feel so powerless. Yes, I know that I have to have faith, and I have to take responsibility for the things I can control, and let God take care of the rest. I just worry, I really worry.

Onto the Dream Cruise. For those of you who live in this area and know what it is like, you get it. Otherwise, it is one day of the year, today actually. (But really, it starts so much sooner and goes on and on and on) and people from all around come to Woodward Ave. between 9 Mile (?) and go as far north as 15 mile (?). They bring their classic cars, or their modern cars, and drive up and down Woodward. People also come and sit all up and down the side-walks and in front of local businesses. Various vendors and radio stations are there. Local bars and restaurants make a big deal out of it. The problem is my husband and I live 4 blocks away from Woodward Ave, and this Dream Cruise, has impacted our life for at very least, the past few weeks now.

A month or two ago, we went walking south on Woodward to a local Blockbuster and saw people, lots of people, on the side of the street as well as driving by, starting that early. I hope that gives you some inclination how it has escalated since then. So, the irritation comes from not being able to drive one block down Woodward without being stuck in a traffic jam for a while, when I just want to return home from work. (And this was before this weekend).

The icing on the cake for my husband was earlie in the week when we were driving home down Woodward the other day, more north than most of the hub-bub, and we were in the left-most lane. We were behind someone driving a classic car of some sort, going about 22 m.p.h. in the fast lane. Well, while we were not on the driver's ass, we were closer than one car length behind him. He must have been irritated with us, after all, why should we be bothered that he was going 22 m.p.h. in the fast lane? He slowed down to about 15 m.p.h. and cracked his window, and flipped my husband off. My husband is a better man than I. I would have been so pissed. I was so pissed! And this is the way it goes.

8:00 this morning, one of the few Saturday mornings I can sleep in, (I work Saturdays and usually have to be up by 7) we were awoken by music and the sound of a d.j. I can only assume it was from the Dream Cruise itself or some festivity related to it. Just driving home from work today, crossing Woodward Ave. at 14 mile road took me 20 minutes. I will be glad when this is over. I am usually someone who respects each person's own individuality, and in the beginning of it all, I found my husband's references to those participants as "freaks" to be harsh and judgmental. My response was "to each his own". Now, I can say I am closer to sharing his sentiment.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Smart Socratics said...

You didn't tell me this! Now I will worry too.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Smart Socratics said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Smart Socratics said...

sis, go to anybodys guess.blogspot.com. Very funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter