Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Money Does Not Grow on Trees....

This morning I went to the neurologist (I get migraines). I had to be there at 8:15, which meant I had to leave my house by 7:45. Do you know I don't work today? I actually have not one client. Had I any suspicion of this when I scheduled this appointment, I would have made it for much later in the day, MUCH. I am NOT a morning person (how will I ever manage when I have a baby?), and this doctor's office is minutes away from my work, not my home. Anyway, I was up and out and got to my appointment on time.

My appointment was scheduled for 8:15. I probably saw the doctor by 8:20 and was out of there by 8:35. I literally saw the doctor for maybe 5 minutes. It was just long enough for him to tell me I look good (I do not pay you good money to go there. Besides, I have gained weight, so, please, spare me!). He also told me now that I am pregnant he can do nothing for me. There was this feeling in the air that he was rushing anyway. So, we had a 5-minute appointment, after which he told me he wants to see me in three months, "just to check in", and he walks me up front to pay my co-pay and schedule my next appointment. Good-bye doctor, you have been SO helpful! Guess how much my co-pay was? That's right, 80 friggin dollars. I knew you guessed it, as it is so reasonable. Now, I know it is not his fault that my co-pay is so high (that is an issue with our WONDERFUL (sarcasm) insurance, but we will save that one for another time. But, for $80. I would like more than 5 minutes of rush, and "you look good". Give me something, a pamphlet, some advice, etc. So, I, like the good girl I am, scheduled an appt. for three months. Will I actually go? NO! About a week or so prior I will inexpectedly have something come up, and will have to cancel, needing to call back to reschedule. I will reschedule, but only when I can actually take those wonder drugs he gives me (RELPAX - for you migraine sufferers, Imitrex didn't touch my industrial-strength headaches), and will go in begging for free samples. (Once again an insurance issue, $100. for 6 pills, ugh!)

Then I stopped by Mom's for breakfast, and they gave me eggs and fresh bagels, with my favorite- everything bagels. Yum! Thanks Mom and Carl (her significant other). Now, I am home, over-bidding for frivolous items on e-bay. (Not only am I obsessive, I am excessive too!) God, I really hope I get out-bidded for most of these items, otherwise my husband will NOT be pleased with me. We are spending a lot of money lately, as though we have it. The handy-man came yesterday, we are looking at $500 plus by the time the job is all finished. The carpet cleaners come today (this is what I am waiting for now), and don't forget, we are entertaining this weekend. So, we will of course spend money on food, drinks, accessories, etc.
Oh well, we might as well enjoy what we are spending our money on, right?

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Smart Socratics said...

Okey Dokey, sis. What are you bidding on on e-bay anyway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter