Sunday, October 16, 2005

Another Pregnancy Phenomenon

Well, it turns out I have discovered the trick to eating, and NOT being incredibly, miserably, disgustingly, uncomfortably full. (Not without being all of those things, several times over). See, I eat fast, I always have. My brother eats fast, my sister eats fast, my other brother eats fast, even my husband eats fast. It's just what we do. So, it turns out that eating fast and being pregnant do not mix well at all. Let me tell you, I suffer something huge afterwards. I eat so fast, I don't give my stomach time to register with my brain that I have had enough. I am eating the same amount I always have but I can't handle the way I used to. (Besides, now that I am no longer nauseous, I am often STARVING! Who can think of slowing down when I am that hungry?). Well, last night was the last straw. I ate brunch yesterday, which meant late breakfast, no lunch. Then I went to a kids' Halloween party, and by the time they served dinner I was famished. I mean 'keep your hands away from the food until I get some or I may eat them' kind of hungry. I ate and ate and ate, and then I was done. I was SO miserable, for hours. I felt so full, I could barely breathe. (I am sure some of you mothers out there know what I am talking about, all my girlfriends who have kids and who were at this party seemed to not be the slightest bit phased by my complaint). So, today, I have a different plan. While I ate brunch again today, I plan to eat little things all day long, and then when we have dinner I will do my very best to eat slow, and let my stomach and mind connect. I just cannot have another evening of suffering like last night. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Maggpie, Congratulations on the pregnancy! I come here by way of Amy's blog. I remember how it felt eating too much when there was just to much baby and very little room for anything else. I still eat fast! Some things never change, unfortunately!
come on over for a visit at www.humblingmoments.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter