Saturday, October 08, 2005

Since I've Been Gone............

Yes, I am still alive, and well. I know, it has been a very long time. Who knew pregnancy would be so exhausting and so consuming? Well, things are going just as they should. I am now officially 13 weeks pregnant. My nausea is going away, which is what they said would happen. My fatigue is not, and they said it would. Thing of interest to note since my last blog: we were able to see the baby during an ultrasound or two, once the baby was asleep on its head and another time it was really moving. So COOL! We also got to hear the heartbeat, that was pretty cool too. My husband has been coming along to my appointments thus far, and he has been really good about support. (This makes me happy of course).
Also, my husband's 40th is coming up, in November, and I wanted to do something really nice for him. But what to get the man who needs and wants nothing? (He really is a low-maintenance kind of guy). He already told me no parties, and certainly no surprise parties. He HATES attention. He is not much of a drinker either. So, I decided to take him on vacation. My husband does not prefer to go up north, or to go to Canada, or anywhere we can drive to, or anywhere as cool as here. He likes to fly to warm places and lay in the sun and read, and relax. So, that means more money. I really wanted to take him away, somewhere he would like, but I was worried about how he would feel about the money, since he talks about money all the time now, what with the up-coming expansion of our family. So, I did my research, and learned that Mexico was out of the question, and ended up with a 4 night trip to a resort in Florida. I had so much anxiety about how he would receive this. A. He hates surprises. B. He may hate the idea of me spending so much money without consulting him. C. I felt if I asked him ahead of time, he would say no (he does not have the need to be spoiled or taken care of). So, I did not ask him ahead of time, I booked it, and then gave him a card, a sort of invitation to celebrate his birthday, in one of his favorite places, with his favorite people (me and our unborn child), doing one of his favorite things (relaxing in the sun, and eating great food). I did not tell him exactly where, but he knew it was Florida. Well, much to my surprise, he accepted it fine, better, even, and he truly seemed touched that I was taking him on vacation for the first time. I was SO relieved. Well, lesson learned. I cannot tell you the anxiety I had and the sleep I lost, worried he would think I was spending frivolously, and unhappy I did not consult him. I was all ready to have to do damage control, and to "work through" stuff. It never happened, woohoo!
So, we leave Nov. 17, and come back Nov, 21, the day after his birthday. I planned it all. He will only miss one hockey game, which I knew he would tolerate. And, he will not be traveling on his birthday (the 20th). I want him to be in the sun, relaxing, and have a nice dinner, on his birthday. I checked his schedule for work (in his planner ) even to make sure he had nothing scheduled. (Turns out he does for the 21st but he did not write it in his book, and he will have someone cover this case for him). I hope this place is nice, it is a 4-star place, and there were many reviews I read, most good, but definitely some bad. We have a tropical-view room, whatever that means. Regardless, I hope the weather will be nice, because we will be at the pool and or beach everyday. I can't wait. Then, when we return, a few short days later is Thanksgiving. That will make for a really short work week. Another bonus!

I promise not to be gone so long this time before my next entry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter